Thursday, September 13, 2012

Strong Drama

The name of this blog is a Play on Words. It seemed so clever to have the word play in the title.  But sometimes words aren't clever and they aren't playing. They can be a vehicle for laughter or become the single most painful weapon.

It would be too easy to enjoy the drama world in a silly and giddy way, but as with all other art forms you have to have contrast. I was thinking back over the years of Elements plays and they have all had comedy and tragedy, joy and sorry, misunderstanding and clarity.  The first and only time I saw the Dining Room it was so balanced between hurt and kindness, the laughable and the cry-able that I could only stand it once.  I thought about it for days after.  I'm still not sure what happened...

Isn't that what makes Drama great ? The believable strong contrast that changes your life, even if you don't know how.

Life is like that. Isn't it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment