Monday, August 13, 2012

Behind the Scenes

As Elements stage manager, I came to Chicago for a week to go to some classes with Elements, but mostly to learn more about my job from professional stage managers. It was a great week - I had several meetings with production managers and stage managers from two of the larger theaters in Chicago - their generosity in sharing their craft was overwhelming. They gave me numerous practical tools, literally spent hours answering my questions, told me their stories, and have opened the door for keeping in touch with them as we head into our next production, "Pillars of the Community" by Henrik Ibsen.
I love stage managing and talking with others who have been in the business for 20 and 30 seasons, has been gratifying, energizing, and extremely inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment