Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pieces coming together

The first performance of the Pillars of the Community is coming up in a little over a month, and as always things are starting to really come together. I am always amazed to see the set taking shape, the finishing touches being added to the costumes, and the actual play starting to flow like it should. Sometimes, it seems like there is just too much to get done, but as always it gets finished just in time. I got the pleasure of helping paint the set for this play, which I always love doing because then I get to see the transformation from pieces of plywood to a beautiful creation. The set for this Ibsen play in particular is amazing, in my opinion one of Element's best! I can't wait to see it set up in the venue, which is in a few days since as I mentioned the pieces of the puzzle are being put together. Today, I am helping set up the lights in the venue, which can only mean the next step is tech weeks and then performance. This ball is rolling, and everyone is doing their best to keep up and get this "show on the road!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment